Let's start off by saying 2021 has had some INCREDIBLE dramas so far. If I were to include them all, this article would be pretty long and very boring. I'll try to narrow it down to my absolute favorites; ones I would recommend to everyone.
(This article includes dramas that began airing in 2020)
Aired: Dec 2, 2020 - Jan 27, 2021 Episodes:16
Drama Description In 3 words: Keeps You Guessing
Some of the things I love about this drama:
- The OST! I have O.V.E.R and Whisper on repeat all day.
- The female lead's character. I could watch her all day, and to me, she's some kind of superhuman. I would like to say she's the protagonist or an anti-villain at least, but I honestly have no clue. Besides, the girl can dress.
- I never have to check how much time is left in an episode, I'm always fully invested. The plot is a very "what the hell is going on" type of plot.
- This one might seem a bit weird, but it made me question myself. I've always hated cheaters, and I think its one of the worst things you could do to someone, but here I actually sympathized and got angsty for Woo Sung. This caught me off-guard, and it just goes to show how powerful perspective can be. I'm glad that I noticed that about myself, and it goes to show how great the drama is.
- Last but not least, I love watching the police officers; their dynamics are great. And of course, Kim Young Dae and Yeonwoo are serving the eye candy ;)
Aired- Jan 8, 2021 - Feb 5, 2021 Episodes: 6
3 Word Description: Enemies To Lovers
Some of the things I love about this drama:
- First off, I'm in love with all the characters. I mean, how could I not be?
- The vibe. I don't know why or how they got the mood right. It feels like there's a filter on, and its matched everything so perfectly well.
- The OST. 2021 is killing it with the music!
- The first 2021 BL (boys love) I watched wasn't great **cough cough tonhon chonlatee** but here it is, a BL with no homophobia and unnecessary comments, no annoying characters, and one that's genuinely enjoyable and addictive.
I do have a complaint. It's too short. THIS is a drama where I want to watch 65 episodes. Sir Writer, if you're reading this, I will find a boba store to work at and sponsor you. Please make this as long as you possibly can.
3. The Penthouse: War In Life (Season 1 and 2)
3 Word Description: Next Level Drama
I have a lot to say about this drama. I deserve to get paid for the emotional anguish they put me through.
Well, if you want to be entertained, just turn off your brain cells and start watching this. It's one of the kind. This is The World Of The Married times 40. I think what makes it so good is the acting. It's top-notch. Kim So Yeon, the lady from the gif, is literally the furthest person from her character, she's so sweet. I admire the hard work of the cast very much and I love all of them. Now, let's go to the other characters: Logan. He's like a superhero, always swooping in to save the day. Ha Yoon Chul? I hate that man. And Rona? Not dead. I refuse to believe it. Jennys mom? Haven't forgiven her yet for season 1, but on my way to. And thank you Shim Su Ryeon's twin for being hot<3
4. Mr. Queen
Aired: Dec 12, 2020 - Feb 14, 2021 Episodes:20
3 Word Description: Funny, Hella Entertaining
I LOVED IT SO MUCH. I had no complaints about this drama whatsoever. Typically I hate 20 episodes dramas, and this one had 80 minutes per episode, but I loved every second. It was so funny and they managed to balance out the political and comedy/romance parts really well. The vibes are just over the top enjoyable.
Aired: Feb 20, 2021 - Apr 25, 2021 Episodes: 20
3 Word Description: Hot Italian Dude**that I'm in love with**
People bash the female lead's acting, saying it is too over the top, and some people don't like the comedy aspect of the drama, but I LOVE IT. I honestly don't think I would be anywhere near as invested as I am, had it not been for how funny it is. I also love the male lead's character, and the story just ties together so well. Also, everything feels so EXPENSIVE, and I really adore the supporting cast.
Aired: Jan 13, 2021 - Jan 27, 2021 Episodes: 28
3 Word Description: Feeling Really Single
My little happiness is so adorable. It's one of those dramas that once you start, you really cannot stop watching. Such a cute, easy watch.
I let this article be a bit longer than intended, but I still hope you enjoyed it. I tried a new, colorful format this time, what did you think? Let me know your thoughts on the dramas I mentioned as well! Thanks for reading :)
Edited by: KimWanHee (1st editor)