After a volunteer teacher dies in a tragic accident, her heart is transplanted into Tian. He learns about his donor’s life through a series of diary entries that reveal her secrets and interests. Included is her promise to count a thousand stars with Chief Forest Officer Phupha. Tian then decides to follow in her footsteps and fulfill her promise. Now a new volunteer teacher himself, Tian attempts to befriend Phupha, who initially gives him the cold shoulder. As the two slowly grow closer, Tian noticed his new heart beats quickly whenever near the officer. Much like the heart’s previous owner, Tian cannot help but fall for Phupha. Treading on dangerous ground, can he still go through with the thousand-star promise? (Source: walmartjimin from MDL) Edit Translation
Where to Watch A Tale of Thousand Stars
Cast & Credits
- Mix Sahaphap WongratchTian SopasitsakunMain Role
- Earth Pirapat WatthanasetsiriPhupha ViriyanonMain Role
- Aye Sarunchana ApisamaimongkolTorfun ChareonponSupport Role
- Nammon Krittanai ArsalprakitNam [Doctor]Support Role
- Khaotung Thanawat RatanakitpaisanLongtae [Khama's son]Support Role
- White Nawat PhumphothingamTul [Tian's friend]Support Role
This is the new standard for bl showsWow what can i even say about this show, like for the past 10 weeks I've went thru so much emotions that i couldn't believe i could exude.
Tale of a thousand 1000 stars is one of the best bl shows to air this year. The cinematography, acting, music literally everything was perfection. If i was being honest when i first heard about the show i wasn't that that excited but still interested but oh wow my expectations went thru the roof. Both actors held their ground and proved they will be running gmm for years to come. Tian and phupha had so much chemistry and tension you couldn't even deal if you tried.
I honestly don't even know what else do i have to say like its just that good so EVERYONE GO WATCH
MORE THAN JUST A LOVE STORY. ATOTS is GMMTV's nearly impeccable BL Series! --- 9.9/10This series is a great way to start the year 2021. This series surpasses all my expectations in almost every aspects of this show. This series is exceptional when it comes to chemistry, acting, OST and especially the message they wanted to imply.
STORYLINE / MORALS
• ATOTS' storyline is so unique in the BL world. It's a game changer from the usual university-themed Y series we used to see in this genre. I am not actually a fan of slow paced series, but ATOTS is an exemption. The story is not so fast, and it results to more appreciation of every scenes. The last scene on episode 9 will be more perfect tho if they gave us a kiss (as per the novel's basis as well), but it was still okay due to their powerful scene execution.THE ENDING WAS SOOO GOOD. My eyes are sheding tears while smiling.
• What I love the most in this series is how they showed the contrast among social classes, and making the viewers learn how to value their lives. Showing the difference between people in the higher and lower class of the society results to realizations and understanding among its members. A rich boy realizing how happy living in a simple life in the village; however, if villagers have their choice will they choose to stay where they are? -- it's reality vs. practicality question. Khama's words of wisdoms tell us more about the message that this show wanted to imply.
ACTING / CASTING
• Their acting is so natural and effective, but I want to give a special commendation to Mix Sahaphap. He is a rookie actor, but the way he acts feels like he is doing acting for decades. The emotions was delivered properly, and it transcends from my computer screen. Meanwhile, I don't think anyone is more fit for the character of Phupha rather than Earth. Earth's expressive eyes and effective line delivery is what he made me impressed.
• This show proves that the chemistry among the actors is efficient enough rather than showing too much skinship. EarthMix's chemistry is overflowing, it's similar to fizz when you open a soda can.
• I would also love to commend the other casts in this series, they gave justice to the characters they are potraying. Tul and Longtae being the best friends of the year, the adorable kids in the village, the other forest rangers, Mr. Khama and of course Dr. Nam -- all of them are worthy to remember.
OSTs / Other Aspects
• Who wasn't attached to the sound of the flute? This show managed to put all the musics in the right timing without being too excessive. The OSTs are all pleasant to ears, and I love how they chooses Aye and Earth to sung some of its OSTs.
• The scenery and the village itself was so beautiful, and it becomes more attractive because of their amazing cinematography. It's obvious that they ensure to give their best for the benefits of the audience in this aspect.
Overall, I think this is my most favorite BL series from GMMTV along with He's Coming To Me & TOL. Kuddos to all the teams behind this show, and especially to the director. P Aof never disappointed me in the series he made.???
PS. The 0.1 minus is for Phupha's beard...kidding?