# of Watchers: 1,245
Reviews: 1 user
Tone has been offered to teach to Pun, a high school student who is failing to pass his exams. Their relationship develops further than expected. Pun's sister, Poon, tries to oppose it when she finds out. Edit Translation
Cast & Credits
This review may contain spoilers
short and sweetOverall: A soft 25 minute story about a college tutor and his high school tutee. You can find this on YouTube.
Content Warning: under 18 (assuming, but he could have been 18) and an over 18 year old. Personally, this didn't bother me as their age gap is two or three years and the younger one made the first move.
What I Liked
- the montage to show that time had passed and they became friends
- I didn't like how it came about, but I actually liked the direction this went and was fine with the ending
- that Tone was clear about his sexual orientation (though the word wasn't subbed, I can guess what it said), but sad he showed internalized homophobia
- Pun doesn't say a lot at the end, but when you think carefully about how he was struggling with school, how he must have worked hard and then selected that college, it says quite a bit
Room For Improvement
- although I kind of understand the sister's reaction, I wish she would have been honest with her brother. Instead, she flat out lies to him when he asks her if she said anything to Tone. She didn't want to be the "bad guy" and made it so it looked like Tone was the jerk. Thankfully, Pun wasn't a moron and saw through things.
- the subtitles have errors but you can understand what is going on, from 15:20-16 the subtitles are missing, turn on auto translate from the Korean subs to English and it works or check the comments
Was this review helpful to you?