When Bohn, the popular engineering student, starts a revenge plan on Duen, the innocent first-year medical student, their feelings slowly start to grow through roses that Duen has to buy for Bohn every day for a month. The series brings out the different side of each couple and their journey with friends and relationships. Join us and see how their feelings slowly evolve between each other through the 4 couples. (Source: WeTV) Edit Translation
Where to Watch My Engineer
Cast & Credits
first and foremost, bohnduen who? why are they the main characters? they were cute at the beginning but then sadly as they progressed.... they became boring and annoying i just had to sonicc my way through the episodes and skip their scenes
why didn't i like bohnduen?
-bohn's actions were kinda creepy? i just found how he was pressuring the heck out of duen not cool....
-bohn has no right to treat duen like he's some sort of object he possess and also he should chiLL like ffs this dude gets jealous about everything and i don't understand how tf duen is the one apologising !!!
whether you're in a relationship or not, you can't limit your partner to not have interactions with anyone else lol
-sO repetitive !!! legit the only conflicts they have is bohn getting jealous bc someone came an inch closer to duen liKe bRuHH
-cheesy and not the good kind of cheese
-i feel like they would've done well as side characters
mekboss? more like mehbore hA sorry yeah idk what to say about them except that mek's actor deserves better they did him dirty with that dubbing
fiNALLY RAMKING THARAFRONG THANK YOU JESUS
-if these 2 couples didn't exist in this drama, i have no clue how i would've survived watching this !!! i absolutely love these two they truly stole the show
-ramking are the softest boyfriends (i know they're noT official bUT THEY ARE OKAY SHUT UP FIGHT ME)
i love how they cared for each other at their lows and i melted like a goSh darn puddle
i couldn't find any reason to not sacrifice my heart to these two (i am in a cult yes)
-tharafrong? yes they have the half of my heart
thara being the purest out of the purest, having a pet lizard called cupcake and him cleaning places when he's not in a good mood???? hence, thara best boy
i feel like their scenes were a teaser bc we didn't really get much out of them buT I'M ABSOLUTELY PUMPED TO SEE MORE OF THEM IN SEASON 2
therefore, ramking and tharafrong are the superior couples and you can't change my mind
(hi i don't welcome war thanks)
Cannot wait for Season 2! | Update:I was generous on thisOk let me start off by just saying, this was CLEARLY my first review because I am being very generous with my comments here (as I was kind of forcing myself to finish the series at all), so bear with me. I re-edited the ratings to give an accurate representation on how I feel about this series. Moving on,,
I'll first start with how I feel about each couple in M.E, then I'll go onto some other things. This is also my first review ever so...
P.S: [ + ] < critique most likely includes spoilers that are from like halfway+ of the series
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
•Bohn x Duen : This pair is a complicated one. At the beginning of the story, their plot has a pretty good development. You know the standard ���top chases after bottom despite having seen him only for like a day’. They have cute moments and this and that, but after a while it goes a bit downhill. Do not get me wrong, most of their plot is beautiful in its own way, but some jealousy and miss-communication is visible in both characters at times, But AYE you didn’t hear it from me. Duen is a beautiful but complicated character. He is a kind and very thoughtful person of everyone around him. He understands ram, he understands Bohn to an extent, he protects his sister, and he plays along with games. But at the same time his emotions and ways of dealing with things can be very hard to understand or even agree with. He is a pretty important person in this series in my opinion, he left a very very good impression on me, and I won’t lie, so did his smile.
+ a critique I have for them tho is the lack of character and P L O T development and COMMUNICATION. Like a lot of their relationship is Bohn misinterpreting Duen's actions and who he talks to. Like come on my guy, he's your boyfriend you should be able to trust him. Also, literally NOTHING interesting has happened to them since like episode 9-10. Like it's the same Bohn being jealous type stuff. Then it's them not talking to each other and having misunderstandings. At certain points I felt as if they should have been the side couple instead. But I still love them.
• Mek x Boss : you guys frustrate me . Mek and Boss are super adorable don’t get me wrong, they have their 'hubby' and 'wife' moments and their chemistry is great. But Boss's cluelessness gets me frustrated, but in a good way. It keeps making me go like 'Boss the love of your life is literally right I. Front of you.' They progress that was made is steady and pretty good if you ask me. Mek’s love for boss is honestly a little bit depressing at times, because you can tell how much it hurts him to ‘know’ that he will never be able to have boss. He does anything and everything boss asks him to do. While Boss is struggling with himself and trying to differentiate right from wrong, this can make things get a little messy later on. I just hope that they get a happy end going because boy do they deserve it, especially mek.
+ ;-; Ryan (Mek) will most likely (actually 90%+ chance,) not be in S2 so let’s all cry together
+ MAJOR spoiler: I am soooo !happy !that they both confirmed each other's feelings, I am also pretty shocked ab the fact that mekboss was the first kiss in the whole series like OOP- Also the fact that Boss told him how he actually had ALWAYS liked Mek from the start leaves me going O.O like I wonder how hard it must have been for him to convince himself that his feelings were weird and that dating some females and saying that he loves them was going to help him get over his crush, poor baby. But in the end they're happy and I'm happy so we're all happy.
+ the tiny critique that I would have for this couple is the dubbing, but I'm just nitpicking. But no srsly the dubbing can make me uncomfortable at times with how unnatural it looks AND sounds. Like why did you have to hire a voice actor with a voice that, unfitting to mek?
• Ram x King : Adorable. This word is what I would use to describe them. Ram, while very “introverted” in a sense and very reluctant to let new people in, is slowly starting to let King be in his life. While King is finding ways to help Ram without screaming 'I'm interested in you pay attention to me'. the chemistry? It's there 10/10, definitely there and I am all here for it. as the story progresses the chemistry is developing even more, the progress in character development is visible and is touching to see on screen. The way they both have their own strengths, weaknesses, and fears is fun to watch. The way one has a thing for plants and another for dogs is intriguing too. When King helps Ram in small ways it is very touching, comforting him, but not overdoing it. Even though I personally SOMEHOW did not find them my favorite couple, I would feel like they deserve a series to themselves to be honest.
+ I have nothing 'bad' to say about this couple. I love how they understand each other with no words, and just no how to help each other in different situations. I would love to have even a tiny critique but nah. It's only a music thing that's bothering me but that's in the music section of this review
+ nvM King be true to yourself in S2. Don’t hide your feelings and don’t try to just erase events that happened. Second part also goes to you Ram.
THE RLY LATE COUPLE (they came in way later than the other couples is what I mean)
•TharaFrong: Uhm- yeah. Yep that’s a word to describe them, “uhm”. Look, I have no problem with new couples being introduced like halfway through a series, but at least make it interesting. I know there are a lot of fans who liked how this couple introduced themselves and stuff, but for me after they “met” each-other they just became boring. Now this is to my own personal opinion as I did not want to invest in them nor did I have the slightest interest in mister doctor. But if you do watch the series, I can say that they were pretty “iconic” if you will. I don’t know, they just seemed so ‘unnecessary’ to me.
+ THAT ENDING, OH MY GOOOOOOD. See this couple will just frustrate me more then mekboss bcos bro HOW are you gonna say “brothers” in front of him like that like-damn :(
I'm going to talk about other things now, this is where it can get all over the place
• Storyline : the storyline isn't anything SUPER interesting (interesting as in never seen/heard of before), but I like how the story is progressing. There is nothing Happening as if it would be a story that couldn't be seen In everyday life, or as if it was out of place in the series. It's a cute little story about some cute couples with cute interactions and cute development, it's just a really nice series to watch and tone down to.
+ As the Series continues, the storyline can start to get a little messy for some couples. Like I genuinely do not know what the point of Bohn getting jealous at duen every 2 seconds is for, and how all of a sudden at once mek and boss became a thing(, IT IS CUTE THO I WONT LIE). So yeah at some point it's just repeating actions from a couple, speeding up at the speed of lightening and becoming a couple immediately. And then two normal progressing couples. A couple that started forming WAY later into the series kinda disappointed me if you get what I mean (the end,) so, it is what it is.
• Actors: All the actors are adorable and amazing and portray their characters to to the best of their abilities. Poy is a new face, but something about him just makes you wanna squish his cheeks and protect him forever like HIS SMILE? don't even get me started. Cooper isn't necessarily new so I was expecting, and he met those expectations pretty well. I didn't know any of the other cast before this series but they've proved themselves to me, like they made their series my FAVORITE one that's airing right now, they're topping whyRU and 2gether (I have absolutely nothing against these two series, I also love them very very much, to support them too). >>> Ok I love the acting. Perth (Ram) is impressing me more with each and every episode that comes out each week. Some characters frustrate me but that's good because that's what their role is tying to do, and if they do it successfully then it's good. In all, almost every single character is impressing me.
•Music: ok idc what ANYONE else says, the music in this series is amazing to me personally. From the sound effects to the OST, stream The person I waited by MOD3G x Joelong by the way (It's the My Engineer opening ost) . The music is perfect and no one can convince me otheriwise.
+ ok that one scene where Ram was asking ab his dad to his mom and they played that meme music- it's not their fault they probably didn't know that the music they chose was 'meme music', but it was kind of annoying cause it's like 'we're having a MOMENT HERE
•conclusion: This series is worth watching, because why not? Why not enjoy yourself? Exactly.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My personal favs: for some reason, I literally don't know how I feel about all the couples anymore, maybe later on, but for now....